You have been asked to be a sponsor for the sacrament of Confirmation. A sponsor is a person who assumes, along with the parents, the responsibility for the Candidate’s faith. The purpose is to ensure that the rich and beautiful faith of the Church is passed on to the child in the most loving and authentic way possible. In accepting this very important role, you are urged to reflect upon the importance of this commitment. Please read the following and pray about the responsibility you will be fulfilling in someone’ s spiritual life. After reflection, please sign the statement of eligibility and have your parish sign and seal the bottom portion.
What are the requirements to become a Confirmation sponsor?
If you are a member of Christ the King and have been asked to serve as a Sponsor at another parish, please print and fill out the Confirmation Sponsor Eligibility Form
- You are registered and active member of a Catholic parish, for at least three (3) months.
- You are actively attending Mass and receiving Communion each week.
- You received all Sacraments in the Catholic Church. This includes the Sacrament of Marriage, if you are married.
- You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation at least once a year.
Bring the completed form to the parish where you are a registered member and regularly attending Mass. They will review the form and if approved, the pastor will sign the form and place the parish seal on the form.
If you are a registered member of Christ the King parish, bring the completed form to the parish office Monday- Friday, between 8am and 4pm.
Please allow five (5) business days to process the approval.