“Then Peter and John laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit” – Acts 8:14-17
Confirmation is the anointing with sacred chrism by the bishop or priest which signifies the gift of the Holy Spirit. This sacrament gives us special divine strength to share and “defend our faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ” and never to be ashamed of his Cross. (Catechism of the Catholic Church #1303)
Have you been baptized and received First Holy Communion in the Catholic Church, but have not received the sacrament of Confirmation?
Requirements for Joining the Class
- Be a registered parishioner of Christ the King (or provide a letter of permission from the pastor at your home parish)
- Be a Baptized Catholic and provide an updated Baptismal certificate (including notations for First Communion and Marriage)
- Have made the First Communion and received the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- If married, must be married in the Catholic Church
- Attend Sunday (or Saturday Vigil) Mass on a weekly basis
- *In order to join the class, you must complete and turn in:
If you received Sacraments at Christ the King but do not have a copy of your certificates, call the parish office to request a copy.
For More Information:
Neil Kennedy, Adult Formation & Evangelization Coordinator
813.876.5841, ext. 2251