We’re excited to offer online registration this year! Once you’ve read through this information, CLICK HERE to register.
Upon completion of online registration, you may submit payment through online giving (select Religious Education Tuition) or by check. Your total will be noted on your confirmation, Registration will only be processed after both registration and payment are received.
Classes are offered on Sunday morning (K-8) and Wednesday evening (1-8). If you prefer a certain day, register early as classes do fill up! Classes begin the week of September 13, 2020. To view our 2020-2021 general calendar, CLICK HERE.
SUN CLASS 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. (K-8)
WED CLASS 6:00 to 7:15 p.m. (1-8)
RE Tuition 2020-2021
$75 per child – Through August 17
$85 per child – Late registration (effective August 18)
Children Preparing for a Sacrament
(Typically 1st & 2nd or 7th & 8th grades)
If your child is preparing for a Sacrament, please carefully consider the schedule you prefer. Five excused absences are allowed during the academic year during Sacrament preparation. Typically, first and second grade for First Communion, seventh and eighth grade for Confirmation.
For any student preparing for a sacrament, more than five (excused or unexcused) absences will require a meeting with Fr. Len and the child may have to repeat the grade.
Important note, the Diocese of St. Petersburg Sacramental Preparation Guidelines require two years of Catholic Faith Formation classes prior to the reception of a sacrament.
To receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Communion in 2nd grade, children must receive two full years of Catholic education in 1st and 2nd grade (either at a Catholic school or through parish religious education).
To receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the 8th grade, children must receive two full years of Catholic education in 7th and 8th grade (either at a Catholic school or through parish religious education).
Where is the Religious Education Office?
The Religious Education Office (RE Office) is located in the St. John Bosco Education Center, on the south side of the church, adjoined to Christ the King Catholic School. The entrance to our office (along with drop box) is to the right of the double-door entrance to the school.
Please call for after hour appointments.
Christ the King Religious Education
• Supports parents who are the first and foremost teachers of the Faith and offers classes designed to complement and foster the faith formation that begins at home.
• Provides developmentally appropriate religious formation and education for all school-age children, grades K- 12.
• Recognizes that all children should attend Faith Formation classes as well as weekly Masses with their family.
• Catechist’s help children grow in their relationship with Jesus and their knowledge and understanding of Scripture, Prayer, Liturgy and Church teachings.
• Offers sacramental preparation classes, retreats and prayer services for children attending Catholic schools and the children receive sacraments at our parish.
• Preparation classes for the reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation begin in grade seven and preparation classes for the reception of the Sacrament of First Holy Communion begin in grade one.