Registration for K-8 Classes 2019-2020
Classes begin the week of September 8, 2019.
- April 7 – June 30 / Early Registration – $65 per child
- July 1 – August 12 / Summer Registration – $70 per child
- After August 12, late registration is $85/child
2019-2020 Registration Forms
To download our 2019-2020 Registration Form, click here. Please complete a form for each child. Those completing registration for siblings who did not attend last year, click here for the Sibling Registration Form. All registration forms are also available for pick-up in our office.
Submitting Registration and Payment
Please submit registration forms and payment together. Forms will only be processed after all items are received. Please make checks payable to Christ the King Church. We are unable to accept credit card payments at the time.
Turn in your completed registration and payment (cash or check):
- At the Religious Education office any time of day. We have a drop box in the window pane next to the door.
- At the parish office, Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Via US mail. Address to Christ the King Church Attn RE Office, 821 S. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33609.
The 2019-2020 class calendar will be finalized in August. Our Spring Break and Christmas break calendar will follow the Hillsborough County Public School calendar.
If you have a specific need for Sunday or Wednesday, register early as classes do fill up!
- Sunday Classes 10:15 am to 11:30 am (K-8th)
- Wednesday Classes 6:00pm to 7:15pm (1st-8th)
Children Preparing for a Sacrament
(Typically 1st & 2nd or 7th & 8th grades)
If your child is preparing for a Sacrament, please carefully consider the schedule you prefer. Five excused absences are allowed during the academic year during Sacrament preparation. Typically, first and second grade for First Communion, seventh and eighth grade for Confirmation.
For any student preparing for a sacrament, more than five (excused or unexcused) absences will require a meeting with Fr. Len and the child may have to repeat the grade.
Important note, the Diocese of St. Petersburg Sacramental Preparation Guidelines require two years of Catholic Faith Formation classes prior to the reception of a sacrament.
To receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Communion in 2nd grade, children must receive two full years of Catholic education in 1st and 2nd grade (either at a Catholic school or through parish religious education).
To receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the 8th grade, children must receive two full years of Catholic education in 7th and 8th grade (either at a Catholic school or through parish religious education).
Catechists & Assistants
We are currently seeking catechists and assistants for our 2019-2020 classes! Prayerfully consider this very rewarding opportunity to serve. Click here to learn more.
Where is the Religious Education Office?
The Religious Education Office (RE Office) is located in the St. John Bosco Education Center, on the south side of the church, adjoined to Christ the King Catholic School. The entrance to our office (along with drop box) is to the right of the double-door entrance to the school.
Please call for after hour appointments.
Christ the King Religious Education
• Supports parents who are the first and foremost teachers of the Faith and offers classes designed to complement and foster the faith formation that begins at home.
• Provides developmentally appropriate religious formation and education for all school-age children, grades K- 12.
• Recognizes that all children should attend Faith Formation classes as well as weekly Masses with their family.
• Catechist’s help children grow in their relationship with Jesus and their knowledge and understanding of Scripture, Prayer, Liturgy and Church teachings.
• Offers sacramental preparation classes, retreats and prayer services for children attending Catholic schools and the children receive sacraments at our parish.
• Preparation classes for the reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation begin in grade seven and preparation classes for the reception of the Sacrament of First Holy Communion begin in grade one.
For More Information:
Casey Kiser, Religious Ed Coordinator
RE Office Hours:
Sunday: 8:30am to 12:30pm
(Sunday closures will be posted)
Mon – Thu: 8:00am to 3:30 pm
Closed Friday & Saturday
Drop Box Available! For your convenience, a drop box is available for you to turn in your forms at any time. You’ll find it to the left of the RE Office door.
Catechists & Assistants Needed!
Click here to learn more.
What do we want our children to know, and when? Please see the set of guidelines for each grade below, as outlined by the Diocese of Saint Petersburg.
Curriculum Guidelines for K
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 1
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 2
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 3
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 4
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 5
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 6
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 7
Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 8
Keeping Our Children Safe
For information about safe environment curriculum and presentations provided by the Diocese of St. Petersburg, click here. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!