September 22 – October 31st, 2021
- Spiritually Adopt an Unborn Baby- Details and cards are available at our welcome desk, or can be found below!*
- 40 Rosaries for 40 Days- Families, Groups, Classes encouraged to pick a day to pray a rosary. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/…/20f094bada628a6f94…
- Pray outside of the Abortion Business on Kennedy Boulevard- Please contact Jessica Richey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the Cornhole for Life Tournament, details can be found below!**
Each October the Church in the United States celebrates Respect Life Month, and the first Sunday of October is observed as Respect Life Sunday. As Catholics, we are called to cherish, defend, and protect those who are most vulnerable, from the beginning of life to its end, and at every point in between. During the month of October, the Church asks us to reflect more deeply on the dignity of every human life.
Resources to Reflect, Pledge, Pray, Learn More, Share & Stay Connected can be found on www.respectlife.org
In honor of Respect Life Month and 40 Days for Life, Christ the King has begun a Spiritual Adoption! We are & will be praying for an unborn baby, not necessarily our own personal unborn baby, but a baby that has been conceived somewhere during the next 40 days. We will pray from his or her conception until birth. We may never meet this baby on earth but we will meet him or her someday in heaven!
What is the Spiritual Adoption program? Participants in the Spiritual Adoption Program pledge to pray for nine months for an unborn baby. Since the child is adopted “spiritually”, it is not necessary to identify an actual unborn child. At the end of the nine months of prayer, a baby shower is held to gather items for a local pregnancy resource center or other organization that provides support for mothers and babies.
The Spiritual Adoption Program has three goals…
- Encourage prayer for parents who are expecting a child; that they will respond to God’s grace and welcome their child into life.
- Educate adults and children about the development of the pre-born child.
- Provide mothers in need with a ‘baby shower’ of donated baby gifts, or simply celebrate with a ‘birthday party’ at the conclusion of the program.
Remember to start praying that the parents of your baby can get the support they need throughout the pregnancy and beyond, and also that they will love and cherish their most wonderful gift from God! You can save the prayer card below and keep it on your fridge or in your car, to remember to pray!